Reyim Beit Midrash
In the fall of 2015, we launched a new model in community learning: our community Beit Midrash.
The Beit Midrash is an ancient house of study, and is marked by its unique learning style called hevruta,
or learning partnership.
We are thrilled to bring many prominent scholars to Reyim throughout the year to teach, guide our hevruta
text study, and lead us in a community conversation on dynamic questions of Jewish law, ethics, spirituality
The Beit Midrash meets Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM monthly.
Our 2016-2017 Beit Midrash Scholars and Topics
- Rabbi Daniel Berman: Folklore in the Talmud - November 13
- Professor Yehudah Mirsky: Israel's Religious Politics - January 22
- Professor Jackie Vayntrub: The Beauty and Wisdom in Proverbs - February 05
- Professor Peter Machinist: The Bible and Monotheism - March 05
- Tamar Biala: Dirshuni - Israeli Women Writing Midrash - April 30
- Professor Eugene Sheppard: Radical Critiques of Judaism - May 21
Our 2015-2016 Beit Midrash Scholars and Topics
- Celene Ibrahim Lizzio: Moses and his mother: A Quranic View
- Rabbi Micha’el Rosenberg: Ancient Texts, Contemporary Issues
- Professor Susannah Heschel: the Life and Legacy of Abraham Joshua Heshel
- Rabbi Jonah Steinberg: Menschlikeit is Next to Godliness
- Tamar Biala: Jewish Sacred Texts by Israeli Women
- Rabbi Daniel Berman: The History and Meaning of Zachor; and Trends in Jewish Mysticism